S5 Environmental believe that the early identification of ecological values, opportunities and constraints are essential in the development of realistic and achievable environmental management solutions during the planning and approval process for developments. “Forewarned is Forearmed”,this is particularly so for the ecological aspects and particularly the vegetation management components of a development.
Our ecological consultants are dedicated to providing specialist ecological services and solutions to our Clients for a range development types. The S5 Environmental regularly conduct Ecological Assessments to assist in the management of residential, commercial, government and industrial developments throughout Queensland. These assessments have been developed to support planning and options exercises, route selection, linear infrastructure projects, development approval applications, investment and divestment processes. Assessments may comprise of Preliminary Advice to assist Due Diligence processes or Detailed Ecological Assessments and Flora and Fauna Assessments dependent on the Client and project specific needs.
Combined with our highly developed technical skills, our detailed knowledge and practical understanding of Local, State and Commonwealth environmental legislation ensures that we have the necessary skills and expertise to identify an ecological solution to satisfy the approval requirements of each project that is also cognizant of commercial imperatives.
OUR ECOLOGICAL SERVICE PORTFOLIO INCLUDES :
- Due Diligence Ecological Assessments – identifies issues such as vegetation clearing upfront, so that they can be planned for and managed throughout the project;
- Detailed Ecological Assessments;
- Flora and Fauna Assessments – in accordance with specific Local, State and/or Commonwealth requirements;
- Compliance Management – Local requirements under relevant planning Schemes, State requirements in accordance with the Vegetation Management Act, Nature Conservation Act, the SEQ Koala Conservation State Planning Regulatory Provisions etc and Federal requirements under the EPBC Act
- Offset Assessment and Quantification – to offset Vegetation Clearing and Habitat reduction eg Non Juvenile Koala Habitat Trees;
- Vegetation Identification, Community and Habitat Description and Mapping;
- Vegetation and Habitat and Rehabilitation Management planning; and
- Waterway, Wetlands and Catchment Management.