Rob Siddle – Director
Bachelor of Science (Environmental), Graduate Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning
Rob is our Director and our Principal Consultant with over 24 years’ experience in the environmental industry providing commercially minded environmental management and compliance advice. Rob understands the need for realistic and achievable environmental management solutions.
Rob has specialised in providing environmental expertise and coordination to development and infrastructure projects for the public and private sectors. Rob has extensive experience in the fields of Environmental Impact Assessment and Management and environmental approvals and compliance management for a range of project and development types.
Rob’s key areas of expertise includes:
- Bushfire Assessment and Management
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Management
- Environmental Compliance
- Environmental Expertise to Master and Structure Planning exercises
- Stormwater Quality Modelling and Management
- Project Management and Project Team Management
Simon Young Berryman – Principal, Contaminated Lands
Contaminated Land Assesment and Remediation | Hydrogeology
Bachelor of Science (Geology), Masters Environmental Studies, CEnvP, MIEANZ
Simon heads S5 Environmental’s Contaminated Land Division. He has over 15 years’ experience in environmental management, contaminated land assessment and hydrogeology and has successfully completed projects in Queensland, Victoria, the Northern Territory and New Zealand.
Simon has previously worked for a multinational environmental engineering company, as well as smaller, independent consulting firms and provided in-house specialist contaminated land advice to companies in the petroleum and electricity industries. This breadth of experience enables Simon to successfully apply his expertise to projects with varying levels of complexity while meeting project budget and time constraints.
Simon is a Certified Environmental Practitioner (CEnvP) and a member of the Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand (EIANZ) and the Australasian Land and Groundwater Association.
Simon’s key areas of expertise includes:
- Stage 1 Preliminary Site Investigations
- Stage 2 Detailed Site Investigations
- Remediation and Validation Works and Reporting
- Site Management Plans and Remediation Action Plans
- Acid Sulfate Soil Investigations and Management Plans
- Surface Water and Groundwater Monitoring
Prue Pettett – Ecologist
Bachelor of Environmental Science (Ecology), Masters in Environmental Change Management
Prue is our Ecologist with over 7 years’ experience in the environmental industry in both the private and public sectors. Majoring in Ecology Prue has specialist knowledge of identification and management of threatened flora and fauna within Queensland. Experienced in reporting for environmental approvals and legislative compliance documentation Prue has worked extensively in surveying and reporting for large infrastructure projects throughout Queensland.
Prue’s key areas of expertise include:
- Due diligence assessments during the planning phase for proposed developments
- Leading flora surveys including surveys targeted at identifying protected plants
- Leading surveying for bushfire risk assessments by describing vegetation communities, fuel loads other parameters which influence bushfire hazard potential
- Assessing Federal, State and Local Government overlays and the implications to proposed developments
- Authoring Ecological Assessment Reports, Develop Vegetation Management Plans, Rehabilitation Plans, Offset Reports and other environmental reporting documentation and
- Assisting with lodgement of Environmental Reporting Documentation and attending project meetings with regulatory agencies
Lucas Wilson – Ecologist
Bachelor of Environmental Science (Sustainability and Ecology), Graduate Certificate in Integrated Water Resource Management
Lucas is our ecologist with over 6 years’ experience in the environmental industry, focusing on plant ecology and catchment management. Lucas has extensive field and site management experience in ecological restoration, waterway rehabilitation and vegetation management projects throughout Queensland.
Lucas’s key areas of expertise include:
- Detailed Ecological Assessments
- Rehabilitation Plans
- Vegetation Management Plans
- Ecological Restoration Plans
- Flora Surveys and
- Interpretation of legislation pertaining to vegetation management
Alysha Woodland – Senior Environmental Engineer (Consultant)
Bachelor of Engineering (Environmental), Master of Engineering (Environmental), CEnvP, Member of Engineers Australia (EA)
Alysha is an senior Environmental Engineer with over 12 years’ experience in the government and private sectors. Most recently, Alysha has worked as a Environmental Consultant providing high level Environmental management and compliance advice and managing a range of planning and construction projects for Local and State Government and the private development sectors.
Alysha previously managed a team of environmental professionals within Project Services which is a business unit of the Department of Housing and Public Works. She has strong technical and leadership skills and has been the environmental officer for a broad range of projects with varying degrees of environmental sensitivity. She has also undertaken other project roles including Project Manager, Client Representative and Superintendent’s Representative.
Alysha’s key areas of expertise includes:
- Environmental Assessment & Management
- Contaminated Land Assessment & Management
- Koala Management Plans and Offsetting
- Compliance Management
- Construction Audit Reports
- Ecologically Sustainable Development
- Project and Time Management
- Contract Administration
- Program Management
- Resolving Disputes
- Risk Management
Tessa Horgan – Graduate Ecologist
Bachelor of Environmental Management (Honours) majoring in Natural Systems & Wildlife
Tessa is our Graduate Ecologist with over 3 years’ experience in the environmental industry providing environmental management and compliance advice, and developing realistic and achievable environmental management solutions. Tessa has strong flora and fauna identification skills and is experienced in conducting site assessments within Southeast Queensland with further knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), bushfires, vegetation communities and Regional Ecosystems.
Tessa has been heavily involved with the delivery of the following environmental projects:
- Bushfire Assessment and Management Plans
- Vegetation Management Plans
- Preliminary Ecological Assessments
- Due Diligence Environmental Assessments and
- Protected Plant Responses